Courtesy of Chuck Raney
The lobby of the Goldman Hotel greeted visitors with a beautiful early 20th century decor. Although the lobby and hotel faced North 13th Street, the hotel was closely identified with the street on its south side, Garrison Avenue. Construction of the hotel was finished circa 1911 and for decades it was the social center for many of Fort Smith's residents as well as the city's guest. In 1994, the hotel was demolished to make room for more parking for nearby Immaculate Conception Church.